Success in application outsourcing is significantly more likely when the outsourcing organization is actively involved with the outsourcer to ensure progress; this is especially true when compared to organizations that essentially abdicate control to the outsourcer.
This research note covers a number of recommended practices for effective coordination with outsourcers. These include approaches to ensure:
- The delivered system meets actual business requirements.
- Resources are available when needed.
- Resources paid for are productively used.
- The project is completed on time.
- The quality of the system meets expectations.
Organizations can significantly improve the success of outsourced application services through the recommended coordination approaches.