Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
For many enterprises, knowing where to start is the biggest IT security challenge they face. For small enterprises that have fewer technical resources, the challenge is even greater. Fortunately, an excellent guide is available for those that know where to look. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Guide outlines a series of controls that will allow any enterprise to achieve heightened security. And best of all, it's a freely available download.
This research note addresses the following topics:
- What the PCI DSS is and what it covers.
- How the PCI DSS can be adapted to any enterprise.
- Additional resources that are available to help.
Just because the PCI DSS was designed for enterprises that store, process, and transmit payment card holder information doesn't mean it can't be used as a top notch guide to IT security in other enterprises.