A mentoring agreement or contract documents the specifics of a mentoring relationship. At their first meeting, the mentor and mentee should create an agreement to set goals and clarify expectations for their relationship.
- Logistics of the mentoring relationship and its length.
- Goals, expectations, and responsibilities for the mentoring relationship.
- Relationship boundaries, confidentiality issues, and conflicts of interest.
- How you will resolve problems or obstacles.
- Any other terms agreed to by the parties.