Institutionalize Innovation through IT Storyboard Sample
Easy access to social media, cloud computing, big data, and mobile services has bred a new class of business employee that take on more technology projects without IT involvement. Business employees are tech-savvy but do not have the knowledge, experience, or expertise to innovate around such technologies to maximize security, maintain compliance, and minimize risk – but IT does. However, business units may not regard IT as an innovation player and in some cases view IT as a barrier to innovation.
This solution set will help IT leaders:
- Understand innovation and success factors within an enterprise
- Identify disconnection between how the Business and IT view innovation
- Gain the confidence necessary from business units to position IT as an innovation player by:
- Innovating within IT and communicating the value of IT innovations.
- Innovating with business units to help them achieve strategic goals and optimize business processes.
- Helping business units take advantage of new and emerging technologies.
Leverage IT’s multi-department spanning position to facilitate innovation enterprise-wide by being a central entity in an Innovation Governance Model designed to make innovation an iterative and managed practice.