When Microsoft introduced its Windows Vista operating system (OS), the consensus was that organizations would upgrade to Vista upon the introduction of SP1. While some switched in 2007, many did not. A year later, the conversation continues. As IT managers question the value of Vista within the enterprise on the eve of SP1, consider the important factors for early adopters:
- Minimizing business disruption.
- Delivering new business functionality.
- Obtaining improved technical features.
- Simplifying technical management.
- Staying current with Microsoft releases.
Understanding the key motivators for early adopters will help enterprises make an informed decision regarding a potential Vista migration strategy.