The contingency plan policy is very important; it is the primary planning principle to uphold effective information contingency plans. This plan provides guidance as well as structured approaches to integrate new and updated contingency plans into all the aspects of information security operations. The contingency plans provide users with cost and time saving ways to execute their business. This Contingency Planning Policy Template includes the following:
- What the enterprise must do.
- How the enterprise must do it.
- Recommendations to customize the template to individual enterprise requirements.
Risks Addressed by Policy:
- Without a clear contingency plan, the enterprise will not be prepared to recover from a catastrophic system failure.
- Information systems may remain unavailable for a prolonged period of time.