This phase, Build your Data Security Profile, will help you to build an enterprise-wide data security policy, which will set the foundation for the organization's data security strategy.
This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Understand the importance of data security and your organization's rationale for creating an air-tight data security policy.
- Understand who your data stakeholders are and their responsibilities.
- Determine the relevant regulations and laws that apply to your organization, which will inform your security policy.
- Inventory and classify your organization's data.
- Create the organization's enterprise-wide data security policy, based on its data security profile.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Build Your Data Security Armor to Withstand Attacks and Audits.