Your impact analysis should be used as a sanity check: can my dispositions be realistically implemented in my context and what will the technical and business risks be? Continuously collaborating with your business and technical teams can increase the return on your dispositions. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Define and prioritize your application rationalization business value metrics.
- Create a current state systems-level diagram of the applications being assessed.
- See the technical complexity of each disposition by drawing your target state system-level diagram.
- Calculate Business Value and Technical Complexity scores.
- Determine the level of urgency to implement each disposition.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Build a Business-Driven Application Roadmap Using an Agile Approach.