RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
The decision has been made to make changes to an application. Now these changes must be executed and rolled out to the user base in a controlled way that maximizes the change's success and minimizes disruption to the business. This process is known as change execution management.
This stage of application maintenance includes four iterative steps:
- Build the Change
- Test the New Version
- Release the New Version
- Monitor Maintenance Changes
When you have completed these four steps, the requested changes will have been completed, documented, and delivered to stakeholders. Since this process can be used again and again, be sure to use the tools provided to identify areas for improvement for the next iteration.
Tools included in this bundle:
- Functional Specifications Template
- Functional Test Plan Template
- Release Approval Checklist
- Release Configuration Record
- Release Inclusion Request Form
- Release Post-Implementation Review
- Release Rollout Communications Plan Template
- Release Rollout Stakeholders Meeting Agenda
- Release Schedule
- Test Strategy Template
- Test Tracking and Resolution Report
- Testing Method Selection Tool
- Use Case and Test Case Matrix
- Version Control Worksheet
- Work Breakdown Structure Model