Already a member? Sign In.
Need help? Our Trial Membership program will get you help on any IT project you're working on. You'll get access to our research, tools, advice and project help.
Technical Infrastructure Direction
How well will your current computing and networking technologies help you achieve the company's top priorities? What additions, improvements and changes are necessary in the near-term, medium-term, and long-term?
These questions are addressed by your Infrastructure Direction.
Your Infrastructure Direction needs to consider the health of existing infrastructure components and their suitability in the future of the enterprise. Infrastructure Direction is composed of two steps:
- Assess Current Technical Infrastructure.
- Develop Technology Strategic Direction.
When you have completed the Infrastructure Direction program you will have:
- An inventory of current technical infrastructure components.
- A good understanding of how well current infrastructure is suited to support company strategic priorities.
- A set of improvement opportunities to fill in gaps or to make improvements to the computing infrastructure.
Infrastructure Direction should be revisited periodically, at least annually, or when there is a significant course correction in corporate direction
Bundle 3 of 5
|Fast Track Activity||Technical Infrastructure Direction FastTrack|
|Assess Technical Infrastructure Alignment to Business Objectives||
Network Diagram Primer
Network Diagram Template
|Identify Technical Infrastructure Gaps||Infrastructure Assessment|
|Identify Technical Infrastructure Improvement Opportunities||
Infrastructure Improvement Opportunity