Already a member? Sign In.
Need help? Our Trial Membership program will get you help on any IT project you're working on. You'll get access to our research, tools, advice and project help.
Plan the Project
Planning a project can be an overwhelming task, further complicated by the expectations of a heavy and formal PM process. Before becoming immersed in a project, it is essential to have a firm understanding of how the PM process should be carried out. Often, project planning is ignored in favor of getting on with work; however, many organizations fail to realize the value of a project plan in saving time, money, and mitigating risks. Leverage the tools provided in this module to set out a successful plan that can be used as a baseline for the project.
This module consists of three steps:
- Understand PM Lite
- Assess Project Details
- Determine How To Achieve Project Objectives
When you have completed this module, you will have:
- A comprehensive guide to help with the project management process, from start to finish.
- Step-by-step guidance on how to evaluate and set the appropriate level of process for your organization.
- A sound project planning approach that you can use for future projects.
- A method for organizing, coordinating, and directing how the project team is going to deliver on its goals and objectives.
- Various templates to assist in setting out and communicating project expectations.
- A baseline project plan to compare and analyze actual project progress with estimated expectations.
The care and effort devoted to project start-up and planning makes the most significant contribution to project success. Ensure that the project team is using the necessary planning tools to set the stage for project execution.
Bundle 1 of 3
|Optimize IT Fast Track Activity||Fast Track Tool: Assess Project Details|
|Light PM Process Guidelines||Light Project Management Process Guide|
|Project Definition||Project Definition Statement|
|Create the Project Plan||
Macro FAQ Document
Project Planning and Monitoring Tool With Macro
Project Planning and Monitoring Tool
Project Milestones Report